Every year I make loads of Christmas cards, but this year I am creating tags for friends and family. A quick alternative to attach to a gift and even packets of freshly baked biscuits.
The tag is often underestimated but this will become my go to way of adding a quick thank you to gifts – quick and easy to make with loads of impact.
1. Use a Jumbo dauber and ink the background of a tag using Rhubarb Stalk Memento ink.
2. On the right edge of your tag use Memento Luxe ink in Rhubarb Stalk and add some darker shaded edges on your tag.
3. On a sheet of smooth white cardstock mist Summer Sky Fireworks Spray. Use a soft paint brush and brush the ink across the cardstock.
4. While the Summer Sky ink is still wet, use Lilac Posies and splatter ink over the base. Concentrate on certain areas more to get lots of ink in certain areas. Leave to dry.
5. Once dry use VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink and stamp Christmas Bauble. Cut out and ink the edges.
6. Use VersaFine Clair ink and stamp a Christmas sentiment repeatedly onto the coloured tag.
7. Use at least 3 colours of Fireworks Spray to add splats to the background and leave to dry or heat set using a heat gun.
8. Adhere the stamped bauble, flowers and themed embellishments to finish off your tag.
As an alternative layer two stamped baubles on top of each other using foam tape.
VersaFine Clair Nocturne
Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk
Memento Dew Drop Rhubarb Stalk
Fireworks! Spray Lilac Posies
Fireworks! Spray Summer Sky
Fireworks! Spray Dandelion
Fireworks! Spray Rose Bud
Other: White cardstock: Antalis; Tag; Stamps: Kaisercraft; Flowers: Little Birdie; Charms, bakers twine