Layers of inks, chipboard, stamps and paint offers you a world of creativity. Today I am sharing how I created a stunning effect by layering chipboard elements, paint, stamping and colouring to create a beautiful card. By combining your products together you can create beautiful effects to use on cards and layouts.
Add colour to a chipboard title using Memento LUXE ink. Lightly press the ink pad onto the chipboard repeatedly until it is covered in a solid layer of ink. Once the ink is dry add a layer of dimensional glaze (how stunning and vibrant the red ink becomes under the glaze)
step 2 – Add colour to the Bubble Mesh chipboard piece. Lightly tap the ink pad onto the chipboard until it is covered in a layer of green ink
step 3 – Colour 3 strips of white smooth American Crafts Cardstock. Add some ink to your craft sheet, mist with water and then press the strips into the colour repeatedly and leave to dry.
step 4 – Once the coloured strips are dry, punch small circles.
step 5 – Adhere the coloured circles to selected areas at the back of your Bubble mesh piece.
step 6 – The coloured circles will be visible once you turn your mesh piece over.
step 7 – Stamp a flower and colour using your Prima water colour paints. Once dry assemble the card with the flower, bubble mesh piece and then layer the coloured title on top of the mesh and the stamped flower.
And there you have a beautiful card with loads of personality and layers.
Layers are beautiful and by combining certain products together you can create a totally new look for your next project using chipboard and ink.
- C8 MB4405 Celebr8 Matt Board Equi – Bubble Mesh
- C8 MB2207 Celebr8 Matt Board Midi – Treasures of the Heart
- TML-302 Memento LUXE Ink Pad – Love Letter
- TML-506 Memento LUXE Ink Pad – Sweet Plum
- TML-706 Memento LUXE Ink Pad – Pistachio
- DXCU261703 Xcut Medium Palm Punch – Circle
- DANT763100 3D Clear Gloss (25ml)
- ADCO 724389 Couture Creations Turbo Precision Glue Pen (25ml)
- AC NEUTRALS 71793 AC Cardstock 12×12 Smooth – White