Until next time I hope you are inspired by this page and by the amazing products available from this talented and amazing designer. Art by Marlene – designing real images for real life making creativity fun and easy!
Every year I make loads of Christmas cards, but this year I am creating tags for friends and family. A quick alternative to attach to a gift and even packets of freshly baked biscuits.
The tag is often underestimated but this will become my go to way of adding a quick thank you to gifts – quick and easy to make with loads of impact.
1. Use a Jumbo dauber and ink the background of a tag using Rhubarb Stalk Memento ink.
2. On the right edge of your tag use Memento Luxe ink in Rhubarb Stalk and add some darker shaded edges on your tag.
3. On a sheet of smooth white cardstock mist Summer Sky Fireworks Spray. Use a soft paint brush and brush the ink across the cardstock.
4. While the Summer Sky ink is still wet, use Lilac Posies and splatter ink over the base. Concentrate on certain areas more to get lots of ink in certain areas. Leave to dry.
5. Once dry use VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink and stamp Christmas Bauble. Cut out and ink the edges.
6. Use VersaFine Clair ink and stamp a Christmas sentiment repeatedly onto the coloured tag.
7. Use at least 3 colours of Fireworks Spray to add splats to the background and leave to dry or heat set using a heat gun.
8. Adhere the stamped bauble, flowers and themed embellishments to finish off your tag.
As an alternative layer two stamped baubles on top of each other using foam tape.
VersaFine Clair Nocturne
Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk
Memento Dew Drop Rhubarb Stalk
Fireworks! Spray Lilac Posies
Fireworks! Spray Summer Sky
Fireworks! Spray Dandelion
Fireworks! Spray Rose Bud
Other: White cardstock: Antalis; Tag; Stamps: Kaisercraft; Flowers: Little Birdie; Charms, bakers twine
On the Imagine blog today with a card showing how to use VersaMagic as a colour softnener over VersaFine Clair. This quick and easy card has loads of interest and
different layers of stamping perfect for that special greeting card. Hop on over to the Imagine blog to see how I created this effect.
Don’t you just love red, and with the month of love we are celebrating raspberry red with loads of repetition. I created this shimmering layout using tons of red ink and then added a few splashes of other color for some fun contrast. Take a look at how I created the fun shimmering elements, stamped with the amazing new raspberry red shaded Glamorous VersaFine Clair and had fun with repeating elements in my design.
Time: 1 hour
Step 1 – Add a small amount of Creative Shimmer onto your Craft Mat. Add a few drops of dye inkers to the medium. I added 2 colors of red.
Step 2 – Mix the inker into the paste really well using your palette knife until the paste is fully colored.
Step 3 – Apply the colored paste through a stencil onto craft paper and leave to dry. The creative medium dries really fast and has a stunning shimmer.
step 4 – Use the same inkers to color a piece of smooth white cardstock. Drop a few drops onto the cardstock and mist with water.
Step 5 – Apply some of the colored paste onto the colored cardstock using the same square stencil.
step 6 – Color a sheet of white cardstock with the same red inkers. Once dry stamp some images onto the background using VersaFine Clair Glamorous.
step 7 – Add random color splats using Fireworks sprays to add color to the background. Cut out flowers from patterned papers and adhere them. Then stamp some random text in the background using VersaFine Clair.
step 8 – Use VersaFine Clair Pinecone and stencil some dots onto the background. Then adhere your photo. Cut stenciled squares with a beautiful shimmer from the papers and adhere to the layout. Add diamanté to finish off.
- Craft Mat
- VersaFine Clair – Glamorous, Pinecone
- Tsukineko Dye Inker – Crimson, Poppy Red
- Creative Medium – Shimmer
- Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray – Dandelion, Pear Tart, Bahama Blue, Tangelo
- Cardstock – white
- Jowilna Nolte – stencil, stamp
- Kaisercraft – patterned paper