Materials to use with Wavy Blade
The Wavy Blade adds a whimsical wavy edge to any design in half the time of a drag blade. This specially sculpted stainless steel blade is great for original decals, envelopes, cards, gift tags, and collage projects, or any time you need fabulously finished edges and stylish design accents.
Things to know before using Wavy Blade
- Wavy Blade is compatible with Cricut Maker only and requires a QuickSwap Housing.
- As you load the tool into the machine, do not press the button on top of the housing. Doing so may cause the tip to release.
- Wavy Blade is sharp! Use caution when handling.
- Wavy Blade comes with a protective cap. When swapping tips, leave cap in place. Remove cap before installing tool in Clamp B.
- We do not recommend cutting intricate designs using Wavy Blade. Due to its curved nature, it executes a slight over cut of the image paths in order to ensure the full length of the path is completely cut. This may cause it to cut over adjacent cut paths that are too close.
- We recommend cutting images no smaller than 3/4″ in size, with space between cut paths at least 3/4″ or more.
- The Wavy Linetype on your Design Space Canvas will not appear as a wavy line. From the Edit menu, the Linetype dropdown will show Wavy when Wavy Linetype is selected. The word Wavy will also appear next to that layer in the Layers panel, and Design Space will prompt you to insert Wavy Blade before it cuts.
- We do not recommend adding an additional pass as the wave amplitudes may not align.
- Due to the wavy shape of the blade edge, starting and ending points of an image may not align.
There’s an extensive list of materials that can be cut that have been tested with the Wavy Blade
Amongst these materials are acetate, cardstock, felt, cardstock, flannel, foil, iron-on, vinyl, photo paper, sticker paper, vellum, leather, kraft board, copy paper and crepe paper to mention a few.
Take a look at this quick 2 minute video and see the blade in action – now to experiment some more because once you start you can’t stop.
Until next time – have fun! Jowilna